Awesome ways to use our strawberries...
Today’s western diet is jam-packed with overly processed, quick, cheap and convenient meals that save us time in the kitchen due to our busy lifestyles. But is it really worth turning to these foods that are full of added sugars, chemicals and preservatives? And not to mention, they have no nutritional benefits to our overall health and well-being! I believe today’s diet is to blame for the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression etc. We believe that our food should be our medicine, not poison. We have conducted extensive research and it has been proven we can reverse any illness in our body through the food we consume.
Together, the TEAM at Green Valley have created clean, healthy and nutritious recipes using strawberries. Not only do the recipes taste great, there is no need to feel guilty after eating them. Once you learn the foundations towards making healthier food choices and substitutes, we guarantee you won’t want to leave the kitchen. The recipes are endless, and the health benefits are amazing. So get creative, go strawberry crazy and love what you’re doing for your health. The benefits are yours to see and feel, not only now but for generations to come!
OVERNIGHT SUMMER OATS (1 Serve)
Delicious & nutritious ready to go breakfast
- 1/2 Cup traditional oats
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 3/4 Cup of milk (Dairy, Almond, Coconut or Rice)
- 1/2 Cup diced Green Valley Strawberries
- Optional: 1 scoop of Whey Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- Crushed Almonds
- G.V Strawberries
Mix Oats, Chia seeds and Milk in a bowl. Add diced strawberries. Place mixture in a tall glass or jar. Refrigerate overnight. Add topping in the morning.
STRAWBERRY FRUIT SLICE
- 250g Punnet strawberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup blueberries
Blend strawberries in a blender until smooth. Mix in egg, vanilla, honey and oil. Fold flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda. Add Blueberries.
Bake in greased baking pan at 180 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned Cool and cut into squares.
Makes a perfect after lunch treat for your kids!
STRAWBERRY & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
INGREDIENTS: (Makes approx. 25-30 bite size balls)
- 2 Cups of rolled oats
- 1 Cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 Cup of maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil
- 4 Medjool dates
- ½ Cup G.V strawberries
- 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt
- Optional: 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder *Desiccated Coconut for coating balls
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Mixture should be sticky.
Roll into bite sized balls using wet hands and roll in coconut.
Place into airtight con-tainer. Refrigerate over-night or at least 4 hours. Bliss balls will last 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
NOTE: If mixture is to wet, add more oats.
STRAWBERRY YOGHURT CONES
Kids will go crazy over these eye-catching treats that are both healthy and easy to make!
- 250g G.V strawberries stemmed and halved
- 200g plain vanilla yoghurt
- 2 waffle cones
- Sprinkles or granola
In bowl, gently mix together strawberries and yogurt, reserving 2-3 halves for gar-nish. Spoon mixture evenly into waffle cones. Garnish with sprinkles or granola and remaining strawberry slices. Serve with spoons.
FROSTY STRAWBERRY POPS
- 250g of G.V Strawberries
- 2tbsp lemon juiced
- 2tbsp honey
- 100g Natural Yoghurt or Coconut Cream
Blend Strawberries, Lemon, Honey into a puree. Layer puree and yoghurt in moulds.
STRAWBERRY SUPER SALAD: Serves 4
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 small red onion
- 1 avocado
- 250g of G.V Strawberries
- 1/3 cup diced Feta
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Balsamic glaze or vinegar
- olive oil
Toss ingredients together and serve on nice salad bowl
STRAWBERY SUNSHINE PARFAIT: Makes 4
- 500g tub of Natural Green Yoghurt
- 250g strawberries diced
- 2cups of oats/muesli
- 1/2 almonds
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 goji or cranberries
- Green Valley Strawberry Jam
Simply layer your glass with the listed ingredients un-til you reach the top. Start with the dry ingredients first and finish with the yoghurt. You may wish to drizzle honey or some Green Valley Strawberry Jam in-between layers for sweetness.
WHOLESOME STRAWBERRY PANCAKES: Serves 4
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (May substitute with almond or rice milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- More olive or coconut oil for the pan
- Fresh straw-berries
- Maple syrup or honey
- Green Valley Strawberry Jam
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until batter is smooth - the oats will create a slightly bumpy appearance.
2. Use a small ladle to trans-fer batter to pan for even-sized pancakes.
3. Once pancakes are cooked, layer them with fresh strawberries, oats and Green Valley Strawberry Jam. ENJOY!
RAW BERRY CHEESECAKE
- 1 1/2 cups of macada-mia nuts
- 1/2 cup of dates
- 3 cups of cashews (Soaked 4 hrs in water)
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of raw honey
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries or strawberries)
- 1/2 cup of dates
1. Sprinkle coconut of the bottom of cheesecake plate or pie dish.
2. Blend crust ingredients in food processor and spread on top of coconut layer.
3. Blend filling ingredients in food processor & spread on top of crust layer
4. Cool in fridge for 1 hour.
5. Blend sauce ingredients in food processor and spread on top of cheese cake.
TIP: Its best to leave the cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to set!
RAW STRAWBERRY COCONUT BARS
- 1 cup of almonds (soaked for 8 hours & chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups of dates (Chopped)
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
1. Line a tray square baking tray with baking paper
2. Place almonds in a food processor and process until they are completely bro-ken down.
3. Add dates, vanilla, lemon zest, strawberries and coconut. Process mixture until it forms into a thick consistency. (Approx. 1-2 minutes)
4. Press mixture firmly into the baking pan and top with shredded coconut
5. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Cut into squares
NOTE: This recipe will last in the fridge for 5-6 days
LYNDA‘S HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM
- 1kg of Strawberries
- 800g Castor Sugar
- 3 Tbs Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Half lemon Juiced
1. Tail strawberries. Place in pot and pour sugar on top. Turn heat on and let boil.
2. Remove Foamy top layer of the mixture over a 1-2 hour period of cooking.
3. Before jam is ready, stir in lemon juice and allow to cool. (If the jam is not set add more lemon juice.)
CHRISTIE‘S PERFECT SUMMER SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup of 'frozen' or 'fresh' Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- 1/2 cup of Frozen yoghurt or low fat ice-cream
- 1 cup of skim milk
1. Mix all Ingredients together in a blender.
For a filling breakfast, add oats or muesli to your smoothie. This will supply you with sustained.
energy that will last throughout the day.
LOW FAT* STRAWBERRY MOUSSE– Serves 4
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons gelatine
1. Separate egg white from the yolk.
2. Soak the gelatine at least 5 minutes in 4tbs of cold water.
3. Place the strawberries in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add cheese, lemon juice and sugar and process.
4. Melt the gelatine slowly over gentle heat. Once it has melted, add the gelatin carefully to the strawberry mixture.
5. Put in fridge and wait until the mousse starts to gelatinize. (Aprox 25-30 mins)
6. Beat white of egg and gently fold into strawberry mousse. Place the mousse into separate glasses and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
STRAWBERRY CINNAMON MUFFINS - Makes 12
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups S.R flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in chunks
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until light. Add milk, yoghurt, vanilla, and melted butter.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to milk mixture and stir just until flour disappears. Gently stir in berries.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes.
STRAWBERRY BANANA CAKE BARS
- 2 cups muesli
- 1/3 cup SR flour
- 1/3 cup natvia sweetener
- ¼ cup pitted dates
- 1tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 diced banana
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 egg
1. Mix all wet ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry & wet ingredients together and stir them up really well.
4. Line a shallow pan with baking paper.
5. Evenly spread mixture and layer strawberry slices on top in desired sections.
6. Bake in the over for 35-40 minutes at 180°
3PM PICK ME UP
- 2 rice cakes
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp. cacao powder
- 4 sliced strawberries
- 1tsp. desiccated coconut
- 1tbsp honey
1. Mix cottage cheese and cacao powder together.
2. Spread on rice cakes.
3. Layer strawberries, drizzle with honey and desiccated coconut.
SUGAR FREE STRAWBERRY CHIA SEED JAM (Makes 1 Jar)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup natvia sweetener
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. In a small saucepan, add strawberries, natvia and water. Cook on high heat until mixture begins to bubble.
2. Then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly and allow strawberries to breakdown to desired consistency. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Stir in chia seeds and remove from heat. Taste and adjust level of sweetness if needed.
When jam is cooled to room temperature, transfer to a jar and refrigerate overnight before serving. Lasts for 1 week.
- 1/4 cup toasted muesli
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 strawberries (sliced)
- 1 whole-grain tortilla wrap
- 1 tbsp. Green Valley Jam *Optional
- Mix muesli, yoghurt & berries. Spoon into wrap or tortilla.
- 2 slices bread (gluten free, rye or wholemeal)
- 3 tbsp. cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp. Green Valley Strawberry Jam
- 4 strawberries diced
- 1 tsp. Honey
1. Layer cottage cheese, jam and strawberries on toast.
2. Drizzle over honey.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon & chai seeds.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY FRENCH TOAST
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. of natvia sweetener
- 1 tsp. cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
1. In a shallow plate, whisk together all ingredients for the egg mixture.
2. Spread Nutella over each slice of bread. Layer strawberry slices on top, sprinkle coconut and sandwich the two slices of bread together. Place sandwich into the egg mixture and allow each side to soak for several minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray well with coconut oil. Carefully place sandwich onto the hot pan and allow to cook on each side for a few minutes.
When ready to serve, garnish with extra Nutella & strawberries.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 150g natural Greek yoghurt
- 150mls milk or milk alternative
- 2tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
MINTY STRAWBERRY SWIRL
- 1 banana (Frozen)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2tbsp Green Valley Jam
- 3 mint leaves
CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE
- 1 medium banana
- 250mls milk or milk alternative
- 1 tbsp. Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1tbsp. Natural Peanut butter
1. Blend all ingredients together.
2. Top with strawberries, flaked almonds & chia seeds. Enjoy!